News and statistics have it that the world of Internet advertising is fast overpowering the traditional medium of newspaper classifieds. Online classifieds not only exist on dedicated advertisement listing websites like Craigslist, but are also dynamically fed to users as part of SEO campaigns. Here are the top 5 differences between newspaper classifieds and online classifieds that are bringing about the shift in the advertising arena.
1) Online Classifieds are Generally Cheaper than Newspaper Ones Buying keywords on popular search engines and space slots on relevant websites is often cheaper than buying space in newspaper classifieds. It may however be quite as costly as or even costlier than newspaper ads to get footage on an extremely popular website that many other companies may be competing for.
2) Online Advertising Let You Target a Specific Audience More Easily With smart online advertising, you can send across your ads to the screens of those who are searching for a related subject. In contrast to generic newspaper classifieds, this is a much stronger way of targeting your best audience.
3) Web Ads Have a Global Reach Newspaper classifieds have local or at the most national reach, whereas with online classifieds, you can reach out to a global audience. Therefore, if you intend to engage a worldwide clientele, you’ll score far ahead with online advertising than newspaper advertising.
4) Online Classifieds Can be Made Interactive in Approach While Newspaper Ads Cannot You can build an entire website serving as an advertising base with moderate effort. You can make online classifieds as interactive as you like.
5) It’s Easier to Assess the Performance of Online Classifieds The ability to calculate clicks and conversions makes it a game to keep track of the performance of your online ads. While performance can still be assessed for a newspaper ad, it is much harder and not as accurate.
In spite of the variety available to sellers and buyers for choosing a suitable platform for classifieds, a number of problems remain unresolved. The most common one of these being, the presence of fake advertisers and buyers. Another lingering issue on online platforms is: irrelevant advertisements being presented to viewers; this becomes an additional cost burden for advertisers and an annoyance for those at the receiving end. By devising more of intelligent advertising strategies, the industry hopes to tackle these issues and further move on to next generation marketing!